The MGM Resort at National Harbor is a key entertainment venue of the Oxen Hill Maryland area. The focus of the $1.4 billion structure is the 125,000 square-foot casino floor. Other amenities include a 6-story parking garage, a 3,000 seat multi-use theater, a 24-story hotel with 308 guest rooms, a conference center, retail space and several restaurants. DGS Construction, LLC was awarded the contract for cast-in-place concrete and began work on site in November 2014.
- 3 concrete plants on site with an average of 4,500 yards per week poured
- 2.9 million square feel of cast in place elevated deck
- 10 tower cranes on site for the majority of the project
- Over 850 men and women worked on site daily during the peak of construction
- All workers on site were OSHA 10-hour trained
- The project was designed and built to achieve LEED Gold status with DGS contributing 23% recycled material as well as diverting 96% (or 15,000 tons) of construction waste away from landfills.
Whiting-Turner Contracting Company